Those Were The Days.

Some days in the past...

I hated the place, the first couple of days, but don't want to leave, later.

Some days in the past, I silently questioned why have I been chosen for the event.

Some days in the past, I was in this unknown realm, without knowing anyone, and this first friend of mine came to me and said hi.

Some days in the past, there was this Indian who has helped painting the company banner while everyone else were sleeping.

Some days in the past, there was this malay who received his college letter and he was about to leave, and i realized the importance of brotherhood.

Some days in the past, there was this chinese who came from a total different background whom i disliked at first and ended up me calling him brother, later.

Some days in the past, there was this Singh who asked "Ngape computer tu boleh cakap?" When someone is chatting through a microphone.

And those were the days...

that we marched under the hot sun without anyone complaining.

Those were the days, when supper is not enough just because of some asshats which took extras and we broke our breads and shared to those who did not get.

Those were the days, that a bunch of us got punished and marched for a few hours and everyone still laughed after that.

Those were the days, that i ate not using spoon and fork.

Those were the days, that I walked around in camp carrying my guitar, as a punishment, of not to play guitar after 11.

Those were the days, that he said "rokok abis", and a group of 6 to 7 shared one cigarette.

Those were the days, that bunch of us enjoyed playing carrom together.

Those were the days, that i wrote my diary at night using a torch, when everyone else slept.

Those were the days, that I've got to know you, both of us were so happy although we both know our time will end soon.

Those were the days, a group of 4 slept in the tent built by ourselves, and we felt better than living in aircond rooms, marvelous!

Those were the days, which made me realized "arrogant" and "optimism" are 2 different shits.

Those were the days, that everyone got to build up brotherhood, because "unity" is the only way to survive.

And those were the days, that alot of them are worthy of me calling them comrades, instead of just friends.

And those were the days, they won't come back.


blog comments powered by Disqus